Join our team
Love working outside? Enjoy the sun and snow? Want to work within a positive company with the ability to advance in within the company? We are a family owned and operated business based in Durham Region with 55 years of experience. We offer year round positions, benefits available, periodic appreciation BBQ’s, online and in person training as well as safety training — as safety is key and very important to us.
This position requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires a very strong attention to detail. It is vital for the work output to be very high quality, with correct results, time and time again. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. There is little ambiguity in this job. It is very clear what needs to be done, and what the expected results are. This clarity will come either from the company’s management, or from established professional disciplines and processes. The established procedures and processes must be followed very closely; there is little room or necessity to modify them. Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace. There is much consistency and familiarity from one day to the next. It is generally feasible to plan large blocks of work ahead of time. When work duties do change, there is ample foresight and time to prepare. The work is best accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people or “politics” for results. The work is helpful in nature; providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with customers requires a professional, formal manner where the focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
- Steady, even pace of activity Large degree of predictability from one day to the next Job activities are consistent, or even repetitious in nature, and results are repeatable Well-define processes and procedures exist to perform activities
- People-focused, while being reserved in nature Helpful, “service” orientation Strong focus on repeatable, very high-quality results
- Cautious, by the book, decision-making is required Examination of the facts, established procedure, or proven process must preclude decision-making (detailed knowledge of or training in those areas significantly aids decision-making)
- Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature Need to speak with great specificity and knowledgeable detail about areas of responsibility; not required to speak at length about other topics Little collaboration is necessary to complete work; expertise comes from training, knowledge, and experience
- Authority and responsibility is shared with others, such as in a team environment where people have worked together for long periods of time Little delegation of details is required. When it does happen, this position requires strong follow-up to ensure that work quality and attention to detail remain very high Leadership style required involves being an expert in the field and using that knowledge to be a resource for others’ learning and development
Skills and Requirements:
– Experience in the field mowing lawns, looking after flower beds, etc. is an asset; willing to train
– Valid G driver’s license
– Have their own transportation (yard not located near public transit
– Knowledge/Expertise of lawn mowers, trimmers, blowers
– Reliable and Motivated
– Enjoy working outdoors under various weather conditions including snow, rain, freezing rain, sunshine, etc.
Summer months are a steady Monday – Friday with some Saturday work scheduled if weather delays during the week.
During the winter months’ applicants must be available on-call to work 24/7 meaning you may be called out at any time day or night as this position is weather dependent. You may be required to report to work within 1 hours’ notice although we try to give you as much notice as possible.
Wages starting at $20.00/Hour
Average 45 hours per week in the Summer.
Sound like the right position for you?
Ready to start your career? Email in your resume to apply!
Please note; once your resume is received, if you qualify for the position you will be sent a Pre-Interview Questionnaire to be filled out and emailed back.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- landscaping: 1 year (preferred)
If you are interested in joining the LGMP team please send us your resume by email or call our office at 905-263-2225 for more details!
MEET OUR TEAM AT LLOYD’S GROUNDS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS LTD. WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!
Lloyd’s Grounds Management Professionals Ltd. is a family-owned and operated business founded in Scarborough in 1963 that started with nothing but a lawn mower and a few hand tools. By focusing on providing our clients with personalized services, our team has been able to deliver a personalized level of service that is only possible when dealing from one family to another.
Over time our business grew steadily and in 2018, Lloyd’s Landscaping Ltd. was re-branded and branched into two companies: Lloyd’s Grounds Management Professionals Ltd. and Lloyd’s Landscape Contracting. Each of these companies has branded themselves to take their specialty forward and provide excellent services to clients.
Our COMPANIES Purpose
We consistently provide exceptional workmanship driven by safety, integrity, and excellence to enhance outdoor spaces.
Our COMPANIES Vision
We continue to lever our trusted reputation and leadership to ensure our future growth, and further develop our talent and support of community.